I really like these affirmations and although they are written for male survivors, I think they can be helpful for female survivors also. These affirmations are taken from http://www.malesurvivor.org (written halfway down the frontpage on this website)
“10 Daily Affirmations for Male Survivors”
by Dr. Howard Fradkin
- Recovery is absolutely possible and achievable for me.
- I will practice being disloyal to dysfunction and loyal to functionality.
- I give myself permission to connect to loving, affirmative, strong, sensitive, accepting men and women in my community.
- I release and forgive myself for any responsibility I have accepted in the past for my abuse.
- The abuser(s) from the past chose to hurt me. I will stop repeating the lie that it just happened to me.
- Offering myself daily compassion is necessary for my healing and growth.
- I commit to connecting to the boy (girl) inside me today so we can play, laugh, and experience joy together, even if just for a minute or two.
- I believe deep inside me I possess the ability to face the truth of my abuse and to learn to use new tools for healing.
- I have the right and the ability to speak the truth of my abuse and deserve to be heard, understood. believed and supported.
- Feeling is healing. As I heal, I develop the ability to experience a wider range of emotions to enhance my health and connections to others.”